problem replicatable - description in reports not matching check register

Michael

26 Feb, 2010 07:38 PM

I'm running the latest build, 743 I believe it is. I have been having a problem and it is easily replicatable. Basically, the problem can be described like this. When I download transactions from my bank, some may be recognized and some may not. For those that are not, I edit the description and memo, hit enter, hear the "cha ching" sound, and all is good. No problems with those entries in my reports - they look the same.

Now, for transactions that are recognized, I pick one of the suggested entries (if it is valid) and hit the "accept" button. No cha-ching sound, but my check register looks like it should. But...when I go into a report (say detailed cash flow), the description reverts back to the ugly ALL CAP description that was downloaded from the bank - not the description in the check register. To fix this, I can go back into my check register, select the transaction, hit enter, hear the cha-ching sound and then the reports look as expected.

I can replicate this 100% of the time.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 27 Feb, 2010 04:18 PM

Hi Michael

I just tried this and am not able to reproduce the problem. I am running 743 and the transaction report shows the descriptions exactly as they are in the register.

Do you think you could produce a cut down version of your data file containing one transaction that shows up in the report differently form how it it in the register. Which report/s is this problem happpening in?

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Michael on 27 Feb, 2010 04:22 PM

Hi. I will have to wait until Tuesday when new transactions are available from my bank for download (I have downloaded all transactions available currently). The problem report is "Detailed Cash Flow". I will post a reply on Tuesday with a screenshot and part of the data.

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac