Have to force quit to get a transaction recorded

David Greene

20 Jan, 2023 11:30 PM

running latest version for Mac. Occasionally have to force quit as it hangs up when I hit enter key to enter a transaction. I am new to Mac, don't have notepad, but attached word file. After restarting, the transaction has been entered correctly.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jan, 2023 07:00 AM

Try this. Install Dropbox client, log it it, then switch MD sync to use method Dropbox folders instead.

2. 2 Posted by David L Greene on 21 Jan, 2023 09:17 PM

I had issues finding a good mac client. I think my issue may be tied to trying to run two external monitors off my M2 Macbook Air using Display Link. It slowed my whole mac down and caused hangups on browsers. Going to go to one external and see if that solves all. . NOTE: Mac is not necessarily more simple than Windows... lol

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 21 Jan, 2023 10:05 PM

FWIW On these forums I see more Mac specific problems than Windows ones, but of course Apple has no regard for backward compatibility, which causes a lot of the issues.

Apple marketing and Apple reality are two different things :)

4. 4 Posted by peter3 on 23 Jan, 2023 10:04 AM

I had exactly the same problem on my Silicon Mac BUT not on my wife's Intel Mac. Reinstallation of Moneydance 4091 seems to have cured it. Now on 4097 and still ok.

5. 5 Posted by David L Greene on 24 Jan, 2023 08:03 PM

All these issues are Plaid related not MD or Schwab. I tried to connect two of my banks together today and in both cases, I got identical Plaid message. I feel like the $2 a month paid for Plaid support is about what it is worth, aka NOTHING. Is there not another provider other than Plaid?

6. 6 Posted by peter3 on 25 Jan, 2023 08:12 AM

'All these issues are Plaid related not MD'

Not in my case, I am not involved with Plaid.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Moneydance_log.docx 56.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac