With the latest version (1037) of the ratios extension, the income is working again and both the Savings to Income (STI) and Debt to Assets ratios are calculating correctly. However, neither of the other two ratios, Debt Service to Income nor Debt to Income calculate the numerator correctly, which was also a problem in previous versions.
On the attached Debt Service to Income report, the Apple MC credit card balance is getting picked up from a checking account so the balance is shown as a positive number. However, Home Loan (mortgage payment principal) is getting picked up from the loan account and, therefore, is shown as a negative number. Likewise, the Mortgage:Interest is getting picked up from the expense category and is also shown as a negative number. When the negative numbers are "added" to the positive number, the result is the loan principal and interest payments are being subtracted from the $9,524.98 balance. The debt payment total should actually be $13,557.62 and the ratio should be 54.9%.
There are two other minor issues with the Ratios extension: The link to the Ratios User Guide does not work, and the Notes field is being truncated on the printed report.
ratios (1): 09-20 17:04:19.372|Error computing ratios: Cannot invoke "com.moneydance.modules.features.ratios.RatioSettings.getDateRange()" because the return value of "com.moneydance.modules.features.ratios.RatiosExtensionModel.access$600(com.moneydance.modules.features.ratios.RatiosExtensionModel)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.moneydance.modules.features.ratios.RatioSettings.getDateRange()" because the return value of "com.moneydance.modules.features.ratios.RatiosExtensionModel.access$600(com.moneydance.modules.features.ratios.RatiosExtensionModel)" is null
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Yes, these other issues are pre-existing. I initially reported this issue via email to [email blocked], but never received a response. The first time I posted the issue on this forum was 6/30/21, but I posted it as private and again never received a response. The system closed the issue. I tried again on 9/3/21, but again, I posted it as private, received no response, and the system closed the issue. When I noticed the issue with the income not being included in version 1036, I decided to revisit the other issues again, but publicly this time to see I could get a resolution. I don’t know whether or not anyone else using this extension agrees with my findings, but I know the calculation is incorrect. I think it could be easily resolved by using the absolute value of each debt so they are all summed as positive numbers.
The report I attached on the 19th is with the Always positive Denominator unchecked. Even though I knew it should not make a difference since the debts that need to be summed using their absolute value are in the numerator, before posting, I tried checking the Always positive Denominator setting anyway. As expected, it made no difference in the calculation.
Would you consider creating a test dataset with enough in it to verify each report runs OK (or not)..? I have never used the extn and don't have my dataset up to know what's right/wrong and I don't really have the time to do that... However, I am willing to address the issue if you can help..?
To do this, use File/New... Create the accounts and data.. Ideally with just enough transactions to cover all scenarios... Then when done, file/export backup, and upload the xxx.moneydancearchive file here.
Also run reports against this dataset and point out what's wrong and needs changing..
After, just use File/Open to reopen your original file..
FYI - you can use Toolbox>update mode > advanced menu > clone dataset.. This will create a clone of your dataset with no txn data. Then you can file/Open this clone, edit the accounts to anonymise them (or delete unwanted ones), and then add dummy data.... You should also, use toolbox to change your password, zap md+ settings, and also to delete any OFX profiles. If you do create a clone to send to me, I suggest you use email....
Of course, you may find it easier to just create a new test dataset... ;->