Latest Moneydance 2023.2 (5059) upgrade error

Tabansi

29 Nov, 2023 10:51 AM

Hi There,
I just performed an upgrade of my existing Moneydance today to Moneydance 2023.2 (5059) and got the attached error.

I then fully uninstalled Moneydance completely before attempting re-installation but still received the same error.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 29 Nov, 2023 10:53 AM

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

The error message that you see after running the upgraded version of Moneydance is saying that it couldn't load an old version of an extension (Debt Insight ) that you had installed. If you click the OK button, you can continue and Moneydance should run normally. To get the extension back, you can then select the Extensions -> Manage Extensions menu and reinstall the extension from the list of available extensions.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Tabansi on 29 Nov, 2023 11:24 AM

Thanks Maddy,
    after I clicked on the 'OK' icon, I waited a further 10 minutes but Moneydance still did not open up.

So I full y uninstalled Moneydance again, then deleted any Monyedance folders remaining on the PC, and also cleared out the registry for any Moneydance remnants, I rebooted the PC and then re-installed Moneydance 2023.2 (5059) again.

After the successful installation, I ran Moneydance and was presented with the same error again, I clicked 'OK' again and as I write this it has been 15 minutes and Moneydance has still not opened up yet. I have attached a screenshot of the task manager.

By the way, my PC is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz with 16GB of RAM running Windows 10 Pro (fully up to date with Windows updates).

Would you know if Moneydance keeps a record of the extensions installed from the previous Moneydance versions elsewhere on the PC please?

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 29 Nov, 2023 11:40 AM

Temporarily removing all the extensions from the extensions folder should resolve the problem.

You can remove the extension folder by navigating to:

Local Disk(C:)>Users>username>.moneydance/fmodules

You should simply delete any .mxt files included in the fmodules folder, and try to re-launch Moneydance.
    Finally, you can re-install your extensions.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Nov, 2023 11:59 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Tabansi

You could try installing Preview 2023.2(5060) from https://infinitekind.com/preview
    If it runs update all your extension under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS.

Hope this helps.

5. 5 Posted by Tabansi on 03 Dec, 2023 12:04 PM

Hi Maddy,
    your suggestion was successful.

Also, appreciate the input derekkent23

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 04 Dec, 2023 01:02 PM

You are welcome!

I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

We wish you a lovely festive season!

--

7. Maddy closed this discussion on 04 Dec, 2023 01:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac