Issue with YTD Cash Flow report

Terrance McCann

01 Feb, 2024 07:29 PM

First off, I'm running version 2015.6 (1299). I haven't updated because everything has worked to my satisfaction.

I'm trying to get the YTD Cash Flow report to work for me but I'm encountering some goofiness.

I want to include all transactions in my checking account and the three credit cards for which I keep detailed transaction info but exclude the payment transactions in the checking account for the credit cards. I'm excluding the CC payment transactions because those are already accounted for in the CC detail transactions.

After trial-and-error in the setup I figured out that selecting the accounts includes them but selecting categories excludes them. My setup is shown in the CF_setup.png attachment.

The generated report is shown in the CF_report.png attachment.

My expectation is that each line of the report would be for a category. The problem is the inclusion of "Susan Checking" my wife's checking account listed as an Expense.

I searched each of the included accounts for "Susan Checking" and did not find anything that would explain the amounts in the report. There were some hits in the checking account but nothing in the transactions mentions "Susan Checking" and the amounts cannot account for what is reported. This is shown in the CF_search_checking.png and CF_search_CC.png attachments.

I next looked at Tools -> Categories as shown in the CF_categories_expense.png and CF_categories_income.png attachments.The only reference to "Susan Checking" is an income item "Susan CheckingX" which is associated with the opening balance for the account.

Please let me know if I can provide any other data.

Thanks,
Terry

1. 1 Posted by sth on 03 Feb, 2024 03:50 PM

Not fully sure, but it looks like some money was transferred from one of the 5 accounts you report on to "Susan Checking". It could have been a rebate on one 4 credit/bank cards of from family checking to "Susan Checking".

That transfer is considered as an expense by the report since it is a transfer out of one of the 5 categories in the report. You could try grouping the report by week and find the problematic transaction that way? (ie once you have the weak narrowed down, do a transaction filter for that week)

2. 2 Posted by Terrance McCann on 03 Feb, 2024 04:29 PM

@sth,

I think that explains issue. Thanks for your help.

Terry

3. 3 Posted by sth on 03 Feb, 2024 07:14 PM

Terrance,
    Glad that I could help.
    -Scott (NOT IK Support)

4. System closed this discussion on 04 May, 2024 07:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac