Transaction fields

Graham Moss

12 Feb, 2024 11:36 AM

For quite a while I have found that when trying to select a transaction field the transaction page dances up and down making it difficult to select one of the transaction boxes. (Like playing a game of darts when the dartboard is moving up and down!) I initially suspected that this may be to do with the version of Moneydance software and/or the age of my computer. Recently I have bought a new computer (iMac M3 2023) and an updated version of Moneydance (2023.3 (5064) and was hopeful that this might resolve the problem however the problem remains the same. My transactions go back to March 2017 and I wonder if this problem is to do with the number of transactions recorded on the account.

Any suggestions that may help to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 12 Feb, 2024 12:42 PM

Reproduce the problem, then grab help/console, save to file, upload that here...

2. 2 Posted by sth on 13 Feb, 2024 04:02 AM

Is it any part of a transaction? What kind of register are you looking at? Bank, investment etc. There was a problem a long time ago with wireless mice and a particular version of Java but that shouldn't be an issue with a new Mac and a new register.

Have you set any options on font size in the preferences? Or different fonts for a register?

It is not the number of entries, I have accounts going back to 1998 or so.

(NOT IK support)

3. 3 Posted by Graham Moss on 13 Feb, 2024 09:27 AM

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have a number of accounts which are just for my own personal finances so a very simple setup on each one. I tried to alter the setting to try and increase the size of font on the transaction page as I have rather poor sight. This is not a major problem and I was just curious to know if there was any straightforward answer to this phenomenon particularly as it has occurred on two machines. I would add that it can happen on each of the accounts but does not occur all the time so just a wee bit frustrating. To explain the problem when you try to select a transaction in order to edit it as you place the mouse curser on the transaction it will suddenly bounce up and down, not a great amount, but enough to make you miss your target and select the wrong transaction. I will take a look at the settings and see if there are any adjustments that will prevent this.

Graham

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac