Quote Loader

Mike

20 Apr, 2024 02:25 PM

Just updated to MD 2024 and now the quote loader doesn't work. When I try to download latest prices all I get is error messages saying 0 prices loaded 13 errors. Any advice?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 20 Apr, 2024 02:32 PM

It is not related to Moneydance 2024.

Yahoo have change their page format and broken the download on any version of Moneydance.

For now you can try switching to using FT, getting Yahoo back could take a bit of time.

See:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/8481-getting-security-prices

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Apr, 2024 02:32 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Mike

Yahoo has changed something.

Mike the developer of Quote Loader is working on a fix but it may take a few weeks.

In the meantime change the Source to FT or if you want historical data for funds FT HD.

Any Securities that return an error or wrong currency with FT as the source then post a screen shot of the Quote Loader windows after you click GET PRICES.

I will then try to help.

3. 3 Posted by Michael Gelormi... on 20 Apr, 2024 02:49 PM

Thanks. That seems to have worked.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Apr, 2024 02:56 PM

Hi

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

5. 5 Posted by Michael Gelormi... on 20 Apr, 2024 03:03 PM

While I have you online, what’s the difference between the Quote Loader extension and the Quotes and Exchange Rates extension? Do I need both?

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Apr, 2024 03:07 PM

Hi

No you only need one. I prefer Quote Loader it has FT and Q&ER does not.

Hope this helps.

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Apr, 2024 03:09 PM

Hi

For information on the features of the Quote Loader extension and how to use see post 67 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/7595-quo...

Download the PDF’s attached to post 67 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

The Quick Start Video is intended to give a quick overview so the user can see if Quite loader looks like it could work for them. The Short Video expands the user’s knowledge giving more detail. The Full Video goes even further but may be to wordy for some.

The PDF reinforces what’s leaned in the videos, provides step by step instructions, a must read and provide answers on how to handle less obvious issues some users may come across.

Hope this helps.

8. 8 Posted by Michael Gelormi... on 20 Apr, 2024 03:11 PM

Thanks. You’ve been a big help.

9. 9 Posted by Henry Sully on 20 Apr, 2024 03:55 PM

I found that there was a problem using Yahoo a long time ago and switched over to Financial Times (FT). However, on some stocks, etc., the standard ticker symbol does not work for FT. For whatever reason, FT will append the the symbol using a ":" followed by another acronym. For example, Best Buy is BBY. But in Financial Times, you have to enter BBY:NYQ to get it to work. These are listed on the Financial Times web page. Some of them actually will have three, for example XLY is XLY:PCQ:USD.

To fix this, just edit the ticker symbol in the Securities Detail / History / Edit window in the investment account.
    Maybe this will help some folks.

10. 10 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Apr, 2024 04:50 PM

Hi

Rather than editing the Ticker symbol in the Securities Detail / History / Edit window in the investment account you can once FT is selected as the source simply type the alternative Ticker into the Alt Ticker field. This way when Yahoo source becomes available again you can simple switch back to Yahoo for the original Ticker to be used again. No editing of the Securities Detail / History / Edit window needed.

Hope this helps

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac