Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension

yash

20 Apr, 2024 04:30 PM

Quotes and Exchange Rates download has stopped working in the last week. Not sure if it was caused by install of latest update. You get No History found for some tickers with Yahoo. It loads the latest price for some, but not High Low Close and volume. Some tickers like GEHC, GEV you get nothing. I know this was an issue in the past with Yahoo changing something, which was fixed. Not sure why this is happening again.
WARNING: Some tickers are not downloading, some are downloading the current price, and some are reporting an incorrect price. Please be careful making investment decisions with this information until this is fixed.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Apr, 2024 05:08 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi yash

Yahoo has changed something.

Thus the source Yahoo is broken in both Extensions Q&ER and Quote Loader

Mike the developer of Quote Loader is working on a fix, but it may take a few weeks.

In the meantime in Quote Loader change the Source to FT or if you want historical data for funds FT HD.

See screen shot showing the two securities you mentioned.

For information on the features of this extension and how to use see post 67 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/7595-quo...

Download the PDF’s attached to post 67 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

The Quick Start Video is intended to give a quick overview so the user can see if Quite loader looks like it could work for them. The Short Video expands the user’s knowledge giving more detail. The Full Video goes even further but may be to wordy for some.

The PDF reinforces what’s leaned in the videos, provides step by step instructions, a must read and provide answers on how to handle less obvious issues some users may come across.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by MoneyDnceUsr45 on 21 Apr, 2024 06:03 AM

I'm also experiencing the same problem with the Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension (version 1033) using Yahoo as a source.

I tried the other sources, but I had problems with those as well :

IEX Trading: Doesn't work for any securities

Alphavantage: Works for some securities but not others

TD Ameritrade: Changing to Schwab, and no new API keys are being issued
    https://developer.tdameritrade.com/content/trader-api-schwab-integration-guide-june-2023-update

For now I have switched to Quote Loader with FT as the source, however I would like to switch back to Quotes and Exchange Rates because it is simpler and doesn't require the manual choice of Exchange for each security.

Is there a timetable for a fix from Infinite Kind yet?

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 21 Apr, 2024 06:07 AM

We users (who often test the software) as far as I know, have heard nothing about QER or timetables at this time.

QL is actively at work (Mike Bray) with "a few weeks or so" as his estimate.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Apr, 2024 06:49 AM

Hi Moneydanceuser4...

I am surprised. Quote Loader only requires a manual choice of Exchange where the same ticker is used on more than one exchange to differentiate. In any event, on the small number of securities that require one, it’s a onetime setup.

I would be interested to see a screen shot of the Quote Loader window after you click GET PRICES to see how many securities require the Exchange Mod to be set. Thanks in advance.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

5. 5 Posted by MoneyDnceUsr45 on 22 Apr, 2024 01:02 AM

Hi Derek,

I removed the Exch Mod from all my securities and tested. Out of 43 securities, 5 required a custom Exch Mod to be set:

AMAT - NASDAQ GLO
    ASML - NASDAQ GLO
    BSX - NYSE
    CRM - NYSE
    TMO - NYSE

One required the use of an Alt Ticker, as there is no Exch Mod available for the Nasdaq Global Market exchange:

BOTZ - BOTZ:NMQ:USD

And one doesn't work as FT doesn't seem to include it:

FPRENX

So until Yahoo is back, I have to make sure to run Quote Loader every day so I don't miss prices, and enter FPRENX manually.

We will see how things run once Yahoo is back.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Apr, 2024 07:39 AM

Hi MoneyDnceUsr45

Well done you seemed to have cracked it.

Mike is making good progress in getting Yahoo working again in Quote Loader.
    So it want be long before Quote Loader will be able to return a price for FPRENX from Yahoo.

Now you have come to terms on how to use Quote Loader is it looking any better?

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

7. 7 Posted by MoneyDnceUsr45 on 23 Apr, 2024 02:46 AM

Glad to hear Mike is making progress.

Right now the only thing I miss from Quotes and Exchange Rates is that you can initiate a manual update from the Extensions menu without opening the extension.
    Ideally Quote Loader could be set to run every time Moneydance is opened.

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 23 Apr, 2024 02:54 AM

Running Quote Loader when Moneydance starts is one of its options.

9. 9 Posted by MoneyDnceUsr45 on 23 Apr, 2024 05:20 AM

Hi dwg, my understanding from reading the documentation is that the setting for the time of day to run (or run when Moneydance starts) is subject to the daily, weekly, etc schedule set for securities and currencies. I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but it doesn't seem possible to have Quote Loader run each time Moneydance is run, I believe it runs automatically at most once a day.

Quotes and Exchange Rates was the same way, so I made frequent use of the ability to start it manually directly from the Extensions menu. Not a big deal if Quote Loader is more reliable and updated more often. Right now all of the sources in Quotes and Exchange Rates are broken which is disappointing.

10. 10 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Apr, 2024 07:46 AM

Hi Moneydanceuser45

You are correct, the Auto Run At Start UP feature can only be set to run Quote Loader on the first opening of Moneydance on any given day.

However if your computer operating system is Windows or Linux, unfortunately not Mac, there is another option. I am not a Mac user so have not been able to produce a PDF to show how it could be setup on a Mac.

So on Window or Linux you can follow my instructions in a PDF, so that there is a desk top icon.

Click this Icon and provided Moneydance is closed Moneydance will open into a specified Data Set, entering the Password, if one exists, followed by Quote Loader which will update prices. Then Quote Loader will close followed by Moneydance. Like magic. You can click the icon as many times in a day as you like.

In addition instead of having to click an icon with some additional set up the process can be triggered at set times of the day by the computers operating system, unattended. More magic.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

11. 11 Posted by MoneyDnceUsr45 on 24 Apr, 2024 02:34 AM

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the tip, I will keep it in mind.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 May, 2024 09:28 AM
19 May, 2024 07:16 AM
19 May, 2024 02:52 AM