Investing accounts - handling a grant

jaynemccaugherty's Avatar


07 Feb, 2018 02:50 AM

how do you recommend handling a grant?

My kids school savings accounts are held at a broker and the government provides grants (2% free money) to my RESPs.

How do I enter these? I constantly get forced to enter the ''from" account for double sided accounting... but MoneyDance insists on a from account. There is no account. it's income...



  1. 1 Posted by dwg on 09 Feb, 2018 08:54 PM

    dwg's Avatar

    How about creating a new Income Category, you could call it something like RESP Grants and this becomes your from account

  2. System closed this discussion on 11 May, 2018 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac