Status of TXN file management/purging?

jkosa

12 Feb, 2020 06:12 PM

Hello - new to Moneydance and noticed the "out" folder is accumulating TXN files as I use it (2-3wks in and I'm at 477 files). Searched for threads about txn and saw some closed discussions saying you might be implementing a way to pare down or purge some old txn files.
Could someone provide a status on this capability or let me know if the txn files will pare down at some point automatically?
Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 Feb, 2020 08:00 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance 2017 was the version that had real problems with handling of the TXN files.

Management of the files is handled much better with Moneydance 2019 and they are rolled into the trunk file far more often than they used to be and also compressed as necessary. There will always be plenty of them around however but they are all quite small. As Moneydance has to allow for when people are syncing and the need to pass the updates around between systems there will always be a significant number of these files on your system.

2. 2 Posted by jkosa on 15 Feb, 2020 12:58 AM

Thanks for this update. Hopefully the number of files won't grow too much. Jaimi

3. System closed this discussion on 16 May, 2020 01:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac