Helpful files (python) and assimilating them into Moneydance

dtd

14 Dec, 2020 01:58 AM

There are numerous helpful python scripts (and maybe other things) that are not extensions, but one has to either ask, or search through the forums to find them.

I've seen "put this feature into moneydance", as well as "can we have a page that lists helpful python scripts"....

I suggest a balance, though I know it puts a burden on Sean. Just as there is a list of extensions, and ways to update them and so on, what if there was a "Scripts" tab where you could load and run a script, and there was some text describing what this would do?

Might help, me thinks.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Dec, 2020 08:09 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

FYI. I have written a Toolbox extension (based on Python) and I plan to release it today. It contains as many fix scripts as I could find along with much more. I am in discussion with Sean about adding any more that might be missing and hopefully it’ll be added to the main extensions list.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Dec, 2020 05:24 PM

3. Melissa closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2021 12:56 PM.

4. Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER re-opened this discussion on 30 Jan, 2021 07:03 PM

5. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 30 Jan, 2021 07:03 PM

Toolbox v2 is now available on my site. Lots of enhancements, all known fix scripts included, new Bank OFX management menu..:
    https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/

6. 4 Posted by greg-2012 on 02 Feb, 2021 12:33 AM

Stuart, I'm a programmer (or rather was) from the days of Fortran and Cobol, and then later with php. Always curious about MD scripts. Never tried. Your efforts have inspired me to take a look and see what I might be able to do. So Thanks!

7. 5 Posted by dtd on 02 Feb, 2021 12:50 AM

I'm learning python as well, just for kicks and grins.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac