Hiding Certain Investment Transactions

harold

18 Jan, 2021 03:34 AM

As someone else in the forum had noted it would be very helpful to be able to hide old investment transactions like in Quicken. After I have sold a security at some point I would like to hide it. Many of us have long histories of investment data that we need to access on occasion, but they become unwieldy for everyday use.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 18 Jan, 2021 07:22 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

Hide from where?
    If you edit the security you can select to hide it I believe (from the home screens. You can also deselect them from reports.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 18 Jan, 2021 07:38 AM

I'm a fellow user.

While you can mark Investment accounts as inactive so that they no longer appear in many of the drop down lists you cannot do the same with the securities.

One thing that many users do is to rename the securities say by prefacing each name with a "z" so that they appear at the end of any list.

3. 3 Posted by harold on 25 Jan, 2021 09:03 PM

Hi, The places where the long list of unused securities is unwieldy is in investment accounts and in the account list. In the category list I can mark them as inactive which hides them in the register category dropdown. I am aware of the renaming work-around but the option to hide them would be preferable I think. Thanks

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 25 Jan, 2021 11:13 PM

Hmmm. I have 35 years of data, and have bought and sold stocks out of about five investment accounts over those 35 years.

Only non-zero securities currently show for me. Now, maybe it's because I converted in early 2020 and haven't left a security since then (only partial sales), but somehow my old securities that were sold do not appear in my investment list.

Don't know why... but it appears there is some way to do it, I just lucked into it I guess.

For the summary page - there is a box saying "show on summary page" which is unchecked for all these, but it doesn't seem as if that would be global.

5. 5 Posted by dtd on 25 Jan, 2021 11:22 PM

About the only time I ever see the long list (especially tons of matured cds) is when I go to tools/securities - and in that case I probably need to see them all "just in case" I need to do something with an old one.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac