Confirm/Merge improvements

Dan Muller

24 Mar, 2021 09:52 PM

I have just been working on a large backlog of transactions, many of them very similar.

While working in the Unconfirmed tab, it's not easy to predict when merge suggestions will be offered, and the merge suggestions look incredibly similar to the Similar Payees suggestions. Several times, I accidentally merged downloaded transactions that were a few days apart but otherwise identical. Not only does this cause extra work during reconciliation (and bad reconciliation if your settings clear transactions when confirmed), but it also loses the properties of one of the downloaded transactions.

Suggestions:

1. Make suggested merges more visually distinct, or placed differently, than suggested similar payees.

2. Allow merges to be UNDONE! Please!

3. IIUC, downloaded transactions should have ids that distinguish them even if they are otherwise very similar. If those ids differ, please don't suggest a merge!

4. For cases where the user knows that two unique downloaded transactions really should be merged, provide some form of manual merge in the register view -- let me select two similar transactions and explicitly merge them, possibly with a warning dialog if they have distinct download ids.

1. 1 Posted by jimh on 16 May, 2021 06:59 PM

Agree!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac