Suggestion For Adding Categories/Account Access

dm_corsa

28 Apr, 2021 01:36 PM

While in the middle of a transaction, allow the ability to add a new category (or account in the event of a cross account transaction), from the transaction entry process while sitting in the Category field of the entry. Have the option to "Add" a new category/account from the drop down list of existing categories/accounts.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 Apr, 2021 03:25 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi dm_corsa

When entering a transaction and you get to the category field just enter the name of the new category and you will see the prompt Create New Category with that name. If it a new account you want to set up whilst in the category field of a new transaction click ACCOUNT – NEW ACCOUNT as you normally would and on completion of the set up process just start to type the name of the new account in the category field and it will appear as the list filters, no need to exit the category field.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by dm_corsa on 30 Apr, 2021 05:15 PM

Hmmmm, I thought I had tried that. I'll recheck that. Thank you for your reply.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac