Income report that includes all income

tclowes

02 Aug, 2021 04:48 PM

I would like to have a report or graph that provides a total of income from all sources.
In particular, the Income graph shows only my pension income and a bit of interest from one account butnotsavings accounts..
If I want income from investments (ie.e dividends) to be included as income (which is what it is), I can get the income shown in an investment performance report.
Why isn't there a report (and or graph) that merges the income from all the accounts into one report?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Aug, 2021 05:10 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

You can customise/edit the reports and graphs to include all the accounts you need.

Can you send a screen shot of the report edit screen you see.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by tclowes on 03 Aug, 2021 10:15 AM

Thank you for your quick response.

I left the list of accounts as the default is 'All accounts'.

However, I have just tried the Income graph and removed all except three investment accounts where all dividends are entered as Div, and two premium bond accounts where the 'winnings' are recorder as DivXfr.

The graph produced is simply 'There is nothing to graph!'. In other words, it does not count
    dividends as income.

A further irritation is that having chosen the accounts I want to be included, the nexttimeI look at the graph, it has reset to All Accounts. The Save option saves a .png file which File/Import says .png is an unrecognised file type.

Terry Clowes

3. 3 Posted by tgilbert666 on 04 Aug, 2021 02:10 AM

I'm with Stuart. I have no trouble getting the info that you seem to be wanting.

As Stuart suggested . . .

Can you send a screenshot of the report edit screen you see? It would also help to know which version of MD and which Operating System you are using.

Also, have you checked Tools | Categories to see if the items you are missing are in an Income category? Do you perhaps have similarly named categories that are both Income & Expense and the transactions you are looking for are mis-categorised?

Also, what happens if you use the [Memorize] button to memorize your report settings? Or, I guess, in your case your Chart if you are seeing a .png file for output. .png is a graphics format unrelated to Moneydance and just offers a way to preserve a static shot.

Perhaps you should review here:
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/graphs-and-reports

I don't understand your reference to File / Import. You can't import a graphics file into Moneydance? What is it you are hoping for? Use a graphics program to open a graphics file.

Tony (a fellow user).

4. System closed this discussion on 03 Nov, 2021 02:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac