Some basic report to the mobile app

Attila

28 Oct, 2021 07:55 AM

Hi,
The application works pretty well, I was able to import the transactions from the old software I was using. The desktop app's UI is pretty good and I like to use it. However, I really miss this from the mobile app. Is there any chance to add some basic info displayed?
I do not have my laptop with me when I am in the grocery store and it'd great to see the actual budget. Have I exceeded the set buget limit already? How much I spent overall this month? This one displayed for categories.
I do not know whether that is too complicated to implement, but this is the only thing I miss. Other softwares are pretty expensive, have recurring costs and do not offer desktop client (which for me is mandatory). In MoneyDance I have everything I need, except the above.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 28 Oct, 2021 02:57 PM

Hi Attila,
    Thanks for the suggestion for improving Moneydance! There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Erin Castagna on 23 Jan, 2022 03:26 PM

I second this request! Knowing where I'm at in my budget categories would be my primary need for the app. So that when I'm out and about, shopping, I can know where I'm at budget wise. Any progress in this area?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 23 Jan, 2022 04:33 PM

Hello,

There has not been significant development of the mobile app recently. The developers have been focused on the Moneydance 2022 desktop version.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Erin Castagna on 23 Jan, 2022 07:08 PM

Do you know if there is a plan to prioritize further development of the mobile app in the next year?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 23 Jan, 2022 07:33 PM

I'm afraid I can't speculate on how development will be prioritized, or which features will be released when.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by alkaprose on 23 Jan, 2022 08:17 PM

Take your time. This input template suits me, especially since it is free. What is being asked adds cost and I would not expect it to be inexpensive.

7. 7 Posted by Carmelo on 24 Jan, 2022 07:41 AM

Salve il problema sta nell'app per smartphone.
    Nessuna implementazione e nessuna speranza di novità. Volevo passare da Cashorganizer a moneydance ma siamo ancora troppo lontani. Senza un software multipiattaforma e completo, non si arriva lontano. Speriamo in un futuro migliore. Buongiorno

8. System closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2022 07:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac