More options to customize reports & graphs

cristianoutrabo

06 Dec, 2021 05:49 PM

Hello;

I'm using Moneydance 2022.2 for about 1 month, and despite it's very good to handle graphs and reports of transactions, etc., I just find the options offered poor compared to what the user may need in termos of customization.

For example, in the Report screen file attached, there is an option to create a report only for one account, or all of them. There shoud be an option to createa report for accounts I choose from the list (2, 3 or more).

In the graphs, I created a pie graphic (attached), but there is no option to modify its type, such as bar graph, or line graph. These options can be extended to other types of graphs.

Thank you in advance.

Cristiano Utrabo

1. 1 Posted by goofybuilder on 05 Jan, 2022 01:26 AM

Cristiano,
     you can take your accounts and group them under one master account. lets say you have a a few Personal Accounts and some Business accounts, create a new account which will become the Parent Account ( Personal Bank Accounts) put those accounts under it, when you do your report you can have the report show you all the accounts under that Parent account - do this for what ever group of accounts you want a report for. see screen shot, I boxed out a Parent account, this shows the total of the accounts underneath it in the sidebar, and you use that in the report and it will show all the accounts in that Parent account.
    As far as the Graphs, I do not use them, so I can not help you on that part.

2. 2 Posted by cristianoutrabo on 14 Jan, 2022 12:29 PM

Thank you, the option are nice, but new options in graphs and reports will be welcome too.

3. 3 Posted by james.m.ray on 18 Jan, 2022 12:34 AM

I agree. More options on charts and graphs would be nice. I switched from Microsoft money and there were lots of options to graph. I'd also like the ability to graph totals across bank accounts as well as investment accounts.

4. System closed this discussion on 19 Apr, 2022 12:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac