Interaction between reminders, accounts and calendar

Mike McLaughlin

30 Dec, 2021 09:55 PM

The interaction between reminders, accounts and calendar is awkward. For example, the calendar does not show pending transactions entered into the account. Actually it may be more of a sync issue as I accidently changed a transaction in Dec to Jan and the account list showed the transaction in Jan but the calendar showed the transaction in Dec. The reminders is even more confusing. As an example, if you enter a transaction reminder with an auto commit of 60 days but begins immediately (for example transaction start date of 1/1/2022 with 60 day auto commit) the transaction shows up in the calendar for Jan and Feb (grayed out) and Mar as yellow background; however, the only future transaction that shows up in the account is for Mar and the Jan or Feb dates show no pending transaction. If I use the auto commit with say a 1 day auto commit then only transactions showing the next day are displayed in the account listing. I may be using the software incorrectly as I am trying to show account transactions 60 days in the future to monitor current and future account balances.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 30 Dec, 2021 10:15 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I'll try to cover off some of your questions, some I'm just not following I'm afraid.

There is no link between the Account and the Calendar.

The calendar is tied to the reminders, A greyed out transaction simple means that the reminder has been processed - by posting or skipping the transaction for example. Future transactions in the register show, with the standard theme, as having a yellow background, they will not display in the calendar, these transactions have been posted, once posted they have nothing to do with reminders or the calendar.

If you are looking to see what future balances are based on reminders perhaps the Foresight tool in Moneydance 2022 may be of interest.

2. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2022 10:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac