Reports

Leslie Seifert

04 Feb, 2022 04:44 PM

Reports are a regular problem for me. I simply want a category report where I can choose one or several categories. This seems to be very complicated with your current report options.
For instance, I want to know what I have earned in dividend income for one or all of my bank accounts (not much, I promise!) but it just seems to take forever to figure this out. Why? I and other people must want to know just how much was attributed to Charity, for instance.
This seems to be such a simple request! Year after year I am frustrated by this.

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 04 Feb, 2022 05:45 PM

just a user,

There are several ways to run reports with a category filter.
    The typical report "Income and Expense (normal or detailed), when you open a report (Tools, Graphs and Reports), you should initially click reset to clear any previous filters. Then if you want to select specific categories, click "None" to clear all, then click "By Individual" so you can select categories as desired. Set your dates as needed and any grouping and click generate. Another nice report that allows you to subtotal by category is the to run and subtotal by category is "Transaction Filter" report. Also in that report you can select categories in the "Account" field as needed. They should change the field name to indicate Accounts and Categories.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 04 Feb, 2022 08:09 PM

I'm a fellow user.

For regular instances where category information is needed many people will use one of the Income and Expense reports, which one depends if we want details or just totals. I have memorized reports of these set up to report on category information for taxation use and I just use these each year to give me the data I need.

3. System closed this discussion on 06 May, 2022 08:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac