Extension: Custom Balances - suggestions

RJron

30 May, 2022 07:53 AM

Hello Stu,

Suggestions for Custom Balances:

1/
Since each row is identified by a row number, perhaps better to also display the row number against each item.

2/
Ideally, would be nice to click on one of those items - and to get into its transaction window. However, I realise there may be multiple accounts added and this is not possible/practical - except for a report.

3/
In the configuration, re. bottom window with list of accounts - and selected accounts highlighted.

With an extensive list of accounts - and multiple accounts selected, it is not easy to identify which accounts were selected and to be sure of the list. I think a split window option ( either left and right - or top and bottom ) would perhaps provide more clarity to the user.

In the case of a "left and right window" option, it would be similar to the accounts adding area in the GRAPHS & REPORTS feature of moneydance. But this would include the same search/filter field as well - to make it easier to find and add them.

4/
Additionally, in configuration, would be good if double-clicking an account/category would open the transactions window for that account/category. This will indirectly address point #2 I suppose.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 10 Nov, 2022 12:59 PM

Latest uploaded just now

2. 32 Posted by RJron on 11 Nov, 2022 01:48 AM

Sure...

3. 33 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 Nov, 2022 07:50 AM

Latest and (hopefully) final version uploaded.

4. 34 Posted by RJron on 12 Nov, 2022 04:20 AM

Thanks. Installed and working fine. I can see some changes in the options.
    Thanks.

Tried to look for a .py file for 'custom balances' - had to dig a bit but
    finally found it..

5. 35 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Nov, 2022 08:51 AM

All extensions have now been signed... Grab from my site:
    https://github.com/yogi1967/MoneydancePythonScripts/tree/master/sig...

accounts_categories_mega_search_window.mxt
    security_performance_graph.mxt

toolbox.mxt
    extract_data.mxt
    list_future_reminders.mxt
    net_account_balances.mxt

6. 36 Posted by RJron on 17 Nov, 2022 08:57 AM

great. Will get that shortly. The red thing was an eyesore but I preferred to have it there and remind me of it..

7. 37 Posted by dtd on 17 Nov, 2022 05:31 PM

Stuart - are they available from MD itself (Update Extension) yet?

8. 38 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Nov, 2022 05:41 PM

… I’m guessing you know the answer to that…..

9. 39 Posted by RJron on 19 Nov, 2022 02:31 PM

Hi Stu,

Just got to the site.

Which one ( for the mega search )?

10. 40 Posted by RJron on 19 Nov, 2022 02:40 PM

list_future_reminders_1018.mxt also does not install - due to the_1018 number ? the signed link from your https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/ site lists the 1017 verson only. This is usually the site I try and download from. The other one is a bit confusing to figure out.

A bit confusing. Would help to have a seperate page/section with 'click-to-download' links for:
    * Latest versions - unsigned
    * Lastest versions - signed

11. 41 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 19 Nov, 2022 03:58 PM

12. 42 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 19 Nov, 2022 04:08 PM

You have to rename and remove the _1018

Normally this is never needed as normally IK upload to the extensions menu. But this hasn’t been done so I have put here as a temporary thing. Thus all you ever need is either the preview (unsigned) or latest signed from MD Menu

13. 43 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Nov, 2022 06:27 AM

… to be clear(er)… on my site…

• The first section is latest PREVIEW versions that are unsigned.

• the second section are the official latest versions, signed, that are hosted on IK servers. This is the same as using the MD extensions / manage extensions, install option.

• lastly is the section for signed extensions hosted on my own site. This may or may not have newer versions than the IK site. It will always have at least the same versions. Points to note:

1. Account Categories Mega Search Window and Security Performance Graph have their own listings / links explicitly because IK have not added these into their list of official extensions / menu system

2. The link that says directory of all current and prior signed builds contains all previous, current official, and newer signed builds. Any that are here that are newer than the MD menu are newer builds awaiting release into the MD menu system (but they are signed by IK).

3. The mxt files in this directory listing with simple names (e.g. toolbox.mxt) are the latest signed build. The ones with _nnnn.mxt on the end allow you to select a build version, but must be renamed to the simple name without _nnnn before installing.

Hope this helps?

14. 44 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Nov, 2022 12:24 PM

FYI - all new extensions are live on IK servers now... If you use Extensions, Manage Extensions menu and then Uninstall and reinstall you will get the latest (despite the description saying it's the old version)....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac