Moneydance+ limit downloads by date range

psantucc

22 Aug, 2022 10:34 PM

Pretty sure this cannot be done currently (2022.5) but I'd be happy to be corrected. If it can't be done, I'd like to request it as a new feature.

My working method for bookkeeping for some time has been to download my transactions as OFX for the previous month, then review and reconcile. I find the presence of transactions I'm not trying to reconcile distracting and would rather not see them while I'm working on a particular month.

II see the writing on the wall and switched to Moneydance+. I would like to download with Moneydance+ month to month, but can't find a way to do so - only start on the first of a given month and download all from it to the current date.

Have I missed something?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 24 Aug, 2022 11:11 AM

Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

It is my understanding that when you select the Reset Sync Date entry from the Online->Setup Moneydance+ menu, Moneydance will prompt you upon the next download to select how far back in time you'd like it to request transactions. How far back the transactions actually go is dependent upon the bank and/or their service provider, but Moneydance will request whatever date you specify.
    Although I'm not aware of a way to filter transactions via Moneydance +, you could use a register filter to choose which transactions you want to have on screen during the reconciliation process, as outlined here.

Alternatively you can select the As of date checkbox as outlined here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by psantucc on 10 Sep, 2022 05:35 PM

Thank you, Maddy.

Resetting Sync date lets me set when the transaction download window starts, but not when it ends. I can start at the first date of the previous month, but I will download everything up to the date on which I push the button, including transactions I am not yet ready to reconcile.

I'm going to try allowing these transactions to download and filtering (or ignoring) dates not of interest in the register as you suggest and see if it makes my task noticeably harder or easier.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 10 Sep, 2022 10:07 PM

I'm a fellow user.

With automatic downloads, either Moneydance+ or Direct Connect, you cannot specify an end date. These download methods are geared towards obtaining all recent transactions that the institution has recorded in order to bring your account in Moneydance up-to-date.

4. 4 Posted by psantucc on 10 Oct, 2022 11:25 PM

For what it's worth, going with the default practice worked just fine; I just had to retrain myself to not see transactions outside my current window of interest as a problem. Thanks for the discussion.

5. System closed this discussion on 09 Jan, 2023 11:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac