Remember memorized report column order and widths

cascaddan

16 Jan, 2024 10:34 PM

The following work-around for report column widths and order does not work for me (version 2023.3 (5064))
begin quote:
Open the Memorized report from the left side bar.
Set the report's column widths to the size you want them.
Click Edit > OK (To open and close the parameters window without making any changes)
Click Memorize > Update > OK
Quote end
My resized report columns go back to their default settings after the "Edit > OK" sequence and, completing the rest of the sequence still yields the default widths on re-opening the report.
Is there still a ticket (#4858 as mentioned in a 2015 thread) to correct this behavior and remember report column widths in memorized reports?
Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 16 Jan, 2024 10:47 PM

Hi cascaddan,

That looks like what I posted several years ago.

The underlying code of reports has since been changed and that code change has subsequently broken that older method of organizing column order and widths.

I think the only way to go about getting things the way you want them is to export the report to a spreadsheet and have at it.

-Kevin N. (not a member of Moneydance Support)

2. 2 Posted by cascaddan on 16 Jan, 2024 10:51 PM

Thanks - that's EXACTLY what I've been doing in order to produce printed reports formatted the way they need to be. Maybe they'll revisit ticket #4858? Probably the suggested knowledge base suggestion relating to REGISTER columns makes IK believe they've solved the behavior? and, yes, it was your thread that yielded procedure and ticket #.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 16 Jan, 2024 11:05 PM

Alas I think we need to consider what Moneydance calls reports are closer to just being customisable queries, with some fairly minor report capability like totals, rather than being a true report.

4. System closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2024 11:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac