Investment Portfolio % change

kevin.garber

13 Jan, 2010 12:57 AM

What is the possibility and timeline of showing the % change for an investment account that includes all stocks related to that account?

Currently, if I buy a stock and it goes up 75% and I sell the stock, my account does not show a % change. Why not? The account obviously is up 75% even though I do not own the stock that allowed it to increase. I think initially, just having a running calculation of the % change for the investment account would be great, but would also like to be able to run a report on a custom time period, say 1 day, 1 month, 1 year or from beginning of time.

1. 1 Posted by kevin.garber on 13 Jan, 2010 01:08 AM

Update. I had a ticket open on the Trac site and saw a post that there is a report coming in build 736 that may help address some of these concerns.

If anyone is interested in the ticket, it is here - http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/2365

2. 2 Posted by avp2 on 15 Jan, 2010 01:26 AM

There have been many requests for the addition of ROI type reports, graphs, and indicators. I hope the ROI report turns out well.

I would also like to see improved indication of asset, and liability, allocation and performance and feel the homepage would be a good place to put it as it is already a decent summary that should be made as good as can be dreamed of.

For instance, I have suggested a percent of parent column be added to all child accounts displayed on the homepage with account types (as upper-most parents) showing percent of net worth, and, hi, lo and average (over a selected period) price columns for the Stock Prices list.

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 01 May, 2010 05:51 PM.

4. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 01 May, 2010 05:53 PM

I believe the Investment Performance Report fills most of these needs, but please feel free to post a feature request on our feature request and bug reporting system is integrated with our wiki. We invite our users to register and use these systems to help improve Moneydance by bringing bugs to our attention and requesting new features. Users can also vote on tickets, which helps us determine how wide-spread bugs are and which requests have the most demand.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac