Font size and selection of the look of Moneydance conundrum

Stephen Borisoff

28 Jan, 2010 08:30 PM

Unless I am missing something, when I go into the preferences of the Mac version of MD and change the font, I want to change the size of the register's font. Surprisingly, only the font on the homepage changes size and I could care less about that. Second, when I change the look of MD from OSX to another metallic look in preferences, it changes the look of the preferences screens but does nothing to the home page or register interface. Now why am I supposed to care about what preferences looks like? Lastly, the balance column is highlighted with royal blue which is not my favorite color and frankly it is not in my opinion the most important column in the universe. It only tells you that MD can really add and subtract and I knew that already so why the fuss about making it standout and who says that I am supposed to like royal blue of all colors? Ever thought of being able to change the font of the register and homepage, let alone its size in the register? Love the program however.

1. 1 Posted by ljb on 28 Jan, 2010 10:47 PM

On Linux at least, the register font does change size per the preferences, but for some reason you have to exit MD and restart it before it works.

You may find that other preference changes also don't take effect until restart. That would be a good enhancement request: make the changes work immediately so we can see if they are what we want.

I don't think the colors (blue for positive, red for negative) in the balance column can be changed by us users.

2. 2 Posted by karatedog on 28 Feb, 2010 01:41 AM

Size changes on linux, but the font stays bold.
    But that -9 to +9 font size change menu rocks, it is like time travel back to 1990. The user interface bleeds from many wounds.

3. 3 Posted by Stephen Borisof... on 28 Feb, 2010 01:53 AM

On 2/27/10 5:41 PM, "karatedog"
    <[email blocked]> wrote:
    #innore
    > // Add your reply above here
    > ==================================================
    > From: karatedog
    > Subject: Font size and selection of the look of Moneydance conundrum
    >
    > Size changes on linux, but the font stays bold.
    > But that -9 to +9 font size change menu rocks, it is like time travel back to
    > 1990. The user interface bleeds from many wounds.
    >
    > View this Discussion online:
    > http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/suggestions/279-font-size-and-selecti
    > on-of-the-look-of-moneydance-conundrum
    > --
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

4. 4 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 03 Mar, 2010 06:31 PM

This advice is quite sound. Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue, or if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by karatedog on 03 Mar, 2010 11:08 PM

What will resolve the issue? I only see advices that are not available (right now) in MD...

6. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 13 May, 2010 07:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac