Reporting ideas

cyberzeus

21 Mar, 2010 07:16 PM

Hello,

So I think the reporting functions are ok thus far but here's a few suggestions:

1) Ability to edit reports on the fly: It would be nice to be able to click on a memorized report and then have the option to edit the search criteria prior to generating report. This is especially helpful for modifying the date range - for example, I could have a base report setup for a certain type of transaction and then I could modify the date range after clicking on the report from the Root Account but prior to actually generating the report.

2) Ability to select year-to-date or month-to-date date range for search type reports.

3) More complex search criteria: Currently, we can generate a search type report but we are limited to the 5 or 6 search criteria - it would be nice if this was modified to allow the user to add more criteria and then use bololean on the desired criteria in a more granular fashion. What I mean by the latter is the following: Let's say there are 5 total criteri selected - then we could take three of them and Boolean AND those and then treat that a s a group to be OR'd with the other remaining 2 criteria.

4) Ability to include the Description field search to some of the other pre-defined report types.

Please let me know what you guys think about the above - Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 21 Mar, 2010 08:38 PM

Hi cybezeus, Have you tried the Find & Replace extention? It provides A LOT of flexibility.
    It's available here:
    http://www.mennesoft.com/findandreplace/index.html
    HTH -Kevin N.

2. 2 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 01 May, 2010 08:41 PM

CyberZeus,

Thanks for these great suggestions, I've added them to my list of features to discuss at our next development meeting. Our feature request and bug reporting system is integrated with our wiki. We invite our users to register and use these systems to help improve Moneydance by bringing bugs to our attention and requesting new features. Users can also vote on tickets, which helps us determine how wide-spread bugs are and which requests have the most demand.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 01 May, 2010 08:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac