Portuguese Brazil full translation and Brazilian banks

renejr

01 May, 2010 02:54 PM

I'd like to suggest a full translation to Portuguese Brazil. I use a Mac by the way.

Also, could you include Brazilian banks in the supported bank list. At least the Major ones, Bradesco, Itau and Banco do Brasil.

Hope you can do it!

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 01 May, 2010 08:19 PM

Rene,

I believe we do have a Portuguese Brazil translation, are there pieces of it that are insufficient for your needs?

Our feature request and bug reporting system is integrated with our wiki. We invite our users to register and use these systems to help improve Moneydance by bringing bugs to our attention and requesting new features. Users can also vote on tickets, which helps us determine how wide-spread bugs are and which requests have the most demand.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that these banks support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance (and other financial software) requires in order to talk directly to a bank. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

If your bank begins to support direct OFX connections in the future, we will be happy to work with them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 01 May, 2010 08:19 PM.

3. renejr re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2010 01:31 PM

4. 2 Posted by renejr on 02 May, 2010 01:31 PM

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the reply. For me MD is perfectly usable with the translation. What I meant is that it's not a FULL translation, not all menus, dialogue boxes etc are translated. That would be good for potential users who don't understand english very well. Categories are Perfect though!!

About the banks: At least one of them, Bradesco, supports direct download but it only allows portuguese software, so they still use MS Money 99 and Quicken 6.0 (oh my god!!!), the last versions of these softwares made in Portuguese Brazilian, look: (it's in portuguese but you can see the software list)
    http://www.bradesco.com.br/br/pessoa_fisica/prodserv/gerenciador_fi...
    .They also support Finance Desktop, a new software made in Brazil. To make it worse, these are all old and/or for Windows and i use a Mac.

thanks

5. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac