When using the -J-Duser.home option or not, MD should notice the registration.

DavidRoss

07 Jul, 2010 05:53 AM

I am using MD 2010r3. My Win shortcut is:

"...\Moneydance.exe" "-J-Duser.home=...\Configurations\Moneydance" "\remoteMac\sharedfiles\MD\banking.md"

Configurations\Moneydance is where I store the .moneydance directory. (I do not believe in storing files that need frequent backup in "Documents and Settings" because that is a dumping ground for large files from other apps.)

Anyway, the Win shortcut works fine (and the Mac counterpart does as well). When I select an .md file directly from File Explorer, for example, since .md files are associated with MD, MD executes and opens the file, but it complains that I have not registered. Oddly, when I attempt to register, it says I am already registered. So, sometime between the first check for the registration and some further step, MD goes from "he's not registered" to "OK, I found the registration code", but the visible steps can be confusing to users.

1) MD should either find or not find the .moneydance directory, but not change its position while the user is attempting to comply with expectations.

2) MD should operate such that double-clicking on an .md file should allow for MD to find the .moneydance directory, even if the user has put in somewhere other than where the MD developers assumed it would be.

[A possibly related thread is http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/problems/59-starting-monde....]

1. 1 Posted by Jessica Little on 14 Jul, 2010 08:51 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for your reported. I've created a ticket for this bug in our bug tracking system. You can see the status of the bug on the right side of this page. If you have any further questions or comments, you can respond here.

Thanks for helping us improve Moneydance!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

2. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac