new feature: saving/spending wishlist

Timothy Stotts

29 Oct, 2010 12:44 AM

It would be nice if Moneydance had the ability to enter a list of future spending items and show projections. This would be useful for planning items to order for the next month, and also for Christmas. Not a critical feature, but it would be convenient.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 29 Oct, 2010 10:03 AM

Timothy,

You could create reminders for the future spending items and then use the "Balance Predictor" extension to project your future balances based on these reminders. If there is a way this technique does not meet your needs, would you please let me know? I will then create a suggestion ticket based on the new feature request.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

Check out our new blog series, Moneydance on the Road.

2. 2 Posted by Graham on 29 Oct, 2010 01:10 PM

It would be extremely helpful if, in the Reminders section of Home Screen, it was possible to select a Bank Account and have the Upcoming Items displayed for up to 1 month in advance along with the running balance. This would give an immediate daily snapshot of all upcoming transactions and the forecast balance.

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 30 Oct, 2010 12:26 PM

Graham,

This is a great suggestion, and I have created a ticket for this issue. The ticket is attached to this discussion. By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it. We will post on this forum thread if and when there are further developments on this topic.

In the meantime, I often apply future transactions to my checking account to help me fine-tune my cash flow. The down side of this is that it means I'm not being reminded when the transaction reminder comes due because I've already applied it, but I tend to use general reminders to mitigate this. I definitely find it useful to be able to see how much discretionary money I have left to move around after I've paid all of my bills. I also use the "Balance Predictor" extension frequently.

Thanks again for your thoughtful suggestion, and please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac