Add Function - Combined Account On-line Bill Payment Window

avp2

29 Oct, 2010 02:54 PM

I am starting (more and more) to use multiple accounts for on-line bill payment. It would be extremely useful to be able to open, and operate, the on-line payment function window for all on-line bill payment enabled accounts (all payees and payments) in that one window.

It appears the on-line function/window is basically setup to work that way anyway so that it would likely only be necessary to add an account indicator for pending payments and account selector when making a payment.

It would also seem logical to to tie MD's address book function and the on-line payment payee function together so that whatever is entered in one goes to the other; maybe adding a selector function that would allow a user to bar a MD address book entry from automatically being sent to a bank's on-line payee database.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 30 Oct, 2010 12:22 PM

Avp2,

Thanks for these two great suggestions, I agree that more integration would make our online bill pay feature even better. I've created tickets for them both, and they are attached to this discussion. By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it. We will post on this forum thread if and when there are further developments on this topic.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by avp2 on 31 Oct, 2010 08:46 PM

I believe I put in a suggestion for the address book integration once before (so it might be in the Trac list somewhere already).

BTW, a function to distinquish between mulitple accounts at/with the same payee in the existing payee window would be handy too. Quicken used allow putting a payee-name tag in curly brackets that would show in Quicken, but be deleted in payment comm with the bank (or on a check print, if I remember). That might be harder to do these days, but it appears the multi-account selector could do the same thing if it was functional (I think you can only put one account number per payee in the list now) and available when making a payment. Depending on account, State Farm has many different receiving addresses, and it can be trying to choose the right one.

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 02 Nov, 2010 01:06 PM

Avp2,

Yes, I did see the older trac ticket and attached it to this thread. It's definitely a feature which I find interesting and useful and I'll make sure to mention it again to Sean.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac