Balance Predictor and Simple Budget Function on Iphone App

jabprice

03 Nov, 2010 11:34 PM

It would be nice if the Balance Predictor extension in the main Moneydance program was slightly more 'high tech'. At present the graphical representation of your future balance (in one account) cannot be read accurately especially if your account balance varies over a large range during the month (the scales are too large). Effectively I like to use the balance predictor as an available funds indicator. I have just transfered from MSMoney and the balance predictor within that could be 'interrogated' by clicking on the projected balance line and you would be then shown an accurate prediction in £ and pence. It would be great if Moneydance could do the same.

As a second request (perhaps for the future) I would then love to see the Iphone app able display a predicted balance for a selected future date (for example the day before you are paid) and then any debit / credit transactions entered on the phone would alter the predicted balance. This would give the app a very simple budget function. This, I guess, would require the app to have your memorised transactions stored on it but .... this would be useful when you're away from you desktop (on the road)........ this could also be used to generate a 'due transaction' reminder for you to pay repeating transactions (cheques, non Direct Debit bills etc) that you have not set up to be auto entered within the main moneydance program.

Here's hoping...

Great program,,,, by the way!

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 06 Nov, 2010 04:51 PM

Have you tried the 3rd party "forecaster" extension? If you hover the mouse over the line in the extension you see the actual value at that point.

You can get it from the link below:
    http://code.google.com/p/moneydance-forecaster/

I have created a suggestion ticket to add balance prediction functionality to the iPhone app. The ticket is linked to this discussion. By posting in this discussion you have voted for the ticket.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

2. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac