Mark transactions as Unconfirmed in GUI

mark barnett

10 Mar, 2011 02:48 PM

Hi,

Can I suggest a feature? I'd like to be able to mark transactions as 'unconfirmed' in the GUI, and not just when importing from a bank file. Why? Because I often enter transactions that I make on my credit cards when travelling in other countries, and never seem to get the exchange rate 100% correct. If I could mark these as unconfirmed on entry then it would help me to separate them from those transactions for which I'm sure I have the correct amount (like the ones I manually correct by periodically viewing my online statement ahead of reconciliation). Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Mark.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 10 Mar, 2011 06:26 PM

Mark,

This is an interesting request, and I can certainly see the value in it. I have created a suggestion ticket for this issue. The ticket is attached to this discussion. By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it. You will be automatically notified when updates are available on this feature.

In the meantime, I'd suggest possible using the Memo field for this function. You could enter the word "Unconfirmed" in the memo field, then either sort the register by memo or use the Search box to only display transactions containing that word to more easily review these transactions.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by psslavsky on 04 Feb, 2013 11:33 PM

Greetings,

I second this suggestion! It seems the surest way to make sure I have to recheck something I already confirmed, but I can't do it right away.

thanks,

--Pamela

3. 3 Posted by caramall2-buy on 14 May, 2013 06:05 PM

I "third" this suggestion ;-) I sometimes mistakenly confirm.

I think this may also be useful when you forget to merge two transactions, then want to go back, unconfirm them, and then merge.

4. 4 Posted by Angelo on 11 Aug, 2013 04:04 PM

I would also find this feature very useful.

5. 5 Posted by Stan on 18 Dec, 2013 02:36 AM

Consider this my vote for it... I need to go back and unconfirmed some transactions so that I can re-apply suggested splits for them. As far as I can see, the only way is to re-type each split separately :(.

Is there another way to copy/paste a split from one transaction to another?

6. 6 Posted by Ben Spencer on 23 Dec, 2013 08:46 PM

No I am afraid there is no way of copying and pasting transactions.

7. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac