After doing a filter/find, stay on the transaction

zip

20 Sep, 2015 01:02 PM

Picture the scenario ... I'm looking for a certain transaction so I do a search/filter/find by typing into the search box at the top right of an account listing. I see my transaction, I click on it, I think "Eureka" I've found what I'm looking for." Then I hit the x in the search box to be able to see all of the transactions around it and ... the "view" resets to the top of the account. Aaaaaahhhhh!!! I think that if you are searching for something, you click on that transaction, then hit the x in the search box to clear out the search terms, that the view should stay on whatever transaction you have clicked on. If you double click on it, it stays there, but I might not want to edit it.

I often search on one term if I am looking for transactions around that time period. For example, if I traveled to a certain city I put that name in the transaction. If I'm trying to remember the name of a restaurant there, ideally I would search for the city name to get me in the right time frame and then look around then to see what I can find.

Please consider changing this ... or at least making it a preference as there might be people who prefer it the other way.

Thanks for your considering this.

1. 1 Posted by Kevin Stembridg... on 20 Sep, 2015 09:28 PM

+1

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tom Freeman on 22 Sep, 2015 11:09 PM

I think this is a great suggestion and will put in a feature request ticket for it.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by zip on 22 Sep, 2015 11:20 PM

Thank you!!

4. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac