Quicken doesn't "Export" in QIF format, only QFX.

Richard

20 Dec, 2015 04:21 PM

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Richard

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Dec, 2015 04:54 PM

Hi Richard

It is indeed the case that in Quicken 2015 Intuit have removed the option to export to QIF. They have an option to export to QXF (which should not be confused with the similarly named QFX). Unfortunately QXF is a proprietary binary format that only Quicken can read.

There is no straight forward effective way of transfer data out of Quicken 2015 into Moneydance (or any other personal finance program). There is one work around that works for some people if their Quicken data is simple and does not include investment accounts. There are instructions in the link below. It might be worth a try but results vary.

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Richard Giese on 20 Dec, 2015 05:00 PM

Thanks alot.
    I will give it a try now. Unfortunately, I will have to request a refund from Moneydance if it doesn’t work. Too bad, because Quicken is the most frustrating software I have ever dealt with. I think they must have written the Obamacare soft ware!

Good, Better, Best,
    Never let them rest;
    Till the Good is Better, and the Better, Best!

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Dec, 2015 05:13 PM

Richard

I don't see a purchase in our customer database under the name Richard Giese. Did your purchase directly from our website or through a 3rd party such as the Mac App Store?

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Richard Giese on 20 Dec, 2015 05:17 PM

From the Mac store.
    And thank you very much for all your “infinite kind support”!

Good, Better, Best,
    Never let them rest;

5. 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Dec, 2015 05:20 PM

Apple requires that you go through the Mac App Store's refund process to receive money back from purchases made through that service. Unfortunately, we cannot authorize the refund for App Store purchases on our end; you will have to go through their process on their site at http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/contact/

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Richard Giese on 21 Dec, 2015 02:32 PM

All taken care of Ben…I tried your links but to no avail.
    Have a good holiday.
    Remember, Christ in everyday makes everyday Christmas.
    Richard
    Good, Better, Best,
    Never let them rest;

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 21 Dec, 2015 07:47 PM

If quicken allows you to create a report that can be opened by Excel that is in a reasonably consistent format, column wise, then it may be possible to extract the data an import it into Moneydance (and indeed other financial programs).

This would be using various Excel spreadsheets and Excel add-ons that have been created and are freely available. This is a route that many in Australia have had to go as Reckon removed QIF support something like 10 years ago from the local product, the cynical might say to make it extremely difficult to change products.

8. System closed this discussion on 21 Mar, 2016 07:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac