Imported Quicken investment accounts

al.thornquist

18 Jun, 2019 12:04 PM

I am in the process of trying to determine how much work it will be to bring 70 accounts and 42K transactions from Quicken into Moneydance. I have been a Quicken user since 1995 and I think they have finally driven me away.
Did my first test QIF export and import and looking at the results and (at first glance) they are not as horrible as I thought they might be. However the investment accounts have me a little confused. Can someone explain the significance of the bank register in the investment accounts?
I have not entered any transactions - just looking at imported ones - and it appears the bank register account just keeps increasing as money is transferred into the account, but not decreasing as securities are purchased. Is that correct, or an import issue? Quicken has no view like that so I am not sure what the value is.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 18 Jun, 2019 09:52 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The bank register only shows a subset of transactions, so it does not show buy and sell transactions for example.

It was introduced for those Investment accounts that have cheque writing abilities, so that this facility could be supported in Moneydance directly without the need to create a separate bank account.

2. System closed this discussion on 17 Sep, 2019 10:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac