QIF imported accounts

Tony Ryszewski

21 Jul, 2019 04:32 PM

Hello

I have everything imported into the application on Mac, however column headers for withdrawal and deposit amounts headers are listed as “payment rate” and “Deposit Foreign Amount”. This is obviously not correct, since all amounts should be US dollars. This also impacts the mobile app, which now shows nothing in the amount of yelp.

Can someone help me correct this?

Thanks

Tony

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 21 Jul, 2019 05:00 PM

Hi Tony,

Each transaction contains two rows of data.

'Payment' and 'Deposit' refer to data in the upper row of the transaction.

'Rate' and 'Foreign Amount' refer to data in the lower row of the transaction.

Look to the following Moneydance KB article for more information pertaining to the various fields.
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/register-and-transactions/tra...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Tony Ryszewski on 21 Jul, 2019 05:08 PM

The issue must be with the mobile app. Nothing pulls in under the amount, so I can’t even see my balances on the mobile app.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 21 Jul, 2019 07:22 PM

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting us.
    In your screenshot from your desktop, it looks like there is no defined currency.
    Would it be possible for you to check if you have a currency selected?
    To do so open Moneydance, navigate to Tools > Accounts, double-click on the issue account and check what you have under currency type.

If you see that there is a selected currency type, then navigate to Tools > Currencies, there find the currency that was visible as the currency type double-click on it and then within the new window click on Edit, if there is a value prefix missing add one and confirm, then restart Moneydance and check the mobile app.

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Tony Ryszewski on 23 Jul, 2019 01:59 PM

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the issue resolved.

Now I am noticing only one of my 10 financial institutions supports OFX. This is odd, because Banktivity supported all of them (I think it might be a different connection type?). I was hoping to move to Moneydance, but this would end up creating a bunch of extra file downloads from each financial institution.

Please let me know if I am missing something?

Thanks,
    Tony

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Henry on 23 Jul, 2019 02:13 PM

I'm very glad to see that everything is working correctly.

It's possible your banks may support other connection types, called Web Connect or Express Web Connect.
    Moneydance only supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect - This is for your security, and you can read more about why we only support this connection type in our blog and also in this article.

By only using Direct Connect, we can guarantee that your username, password and financial data only ever exists with your bank or on your own personal computer, and at no point are your details stored on another server.

We consider the security of your financial data an enormous responsibility. We fiercely believe that your financial information should be secure and only accessible to yourself, your financial institution, and anyone with whom you explicitly choose to share it.

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Jul, 2019 03:16 PM

Hi Henry, in your post "this article" is a dead link.

7. System closed this discussion on 22 Oct, 2019 03:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac