Import failure with Win 7.0

Harrison

24 Mar, 2016 04:22 PM

Importing from Quicken 2013 fails miserably. Using Windows 7.0, Chose File, Import, found the QDF file (only one that appears on the screen); selected same file, clicked Open, absolutely nothing happens. Done this over and over and over.

Help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 24 Mar, 2016 04:26 PM

Hi Harrison,

When exporting your data from Quicken and importing to Moneydance, we'd recommend following the steps in this article to import your data in QIF format. Can you try following these steps and let me know if you encounter any issues?

It is highly recommended that you export all your Quicken data into a single QIF file. Doing so makes the import process much smoother. Please use the option in Quicken to export "all accounts," if available. The one exception to this is if you have accounts in more than one currency.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Harrison Vicker... on 24 Mar, 2016 04:45 PM

Hi Jenny – I managed to import my QIF file, however, of the many categories I created throughout the years, in the thousands of transactions in my database from years back, there is now exactly ONE CATEGORY that all those transactions have been fitted into.

As it stands, this software is unusable to me. Unless my reminders, as well as all the other bells and whistles that are familiar to me from Quicken 2013, are recovered, I will have to request my money back.

Please advise.

Harrison Vickers, LMT

ProActive Therapeutic Massage

Progressive massage. For a whole new you.

www.ptmaz.com

(602) 774-2602

To manage your massage appointments online, download the <http://mndbdy.ly/> MindBody Connect app right to your phone or tablet! It’s easy, it’s cool and it’s fun. Need help downloading? Call MindBody at (877) 755-4279.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 24 Mar, 2016 04:53 PM

Hi Harrison,

If your transaction have all imported with the same category, then It's likely that your settings were slightly incorrect when you imported the QIF file. It's important to be sure the "File Source" is set to "From Another Program", and that you've followed the steps in the article, depending on if you're importing one or multiple files.

I'm afraid due to the limitations that Quicken made in their QIF files, reminders will not be exported in your data transfer, and they will have to be recreated in Moneydance and any other software. You can recreate these within Tools --> Reminders.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Harrison Vicker... on 24 Mar, 2016 05:14 PM

This is causing me an enormous amount of time and stress before I even get to a place where I can begin working with the software. I can’t get the import to work so I’ll not be using it. I am a business owner. I don’t have time for this. I might as well purchase Quicken’s latest upgrade, even though I resent being forced to do it. At least I’ll know what to expect. This software is a nightmare.

How do I get a refund please? Is this going to be a simple process or am I going to be pulling my hair out in this process as well?

Harrison Vickers, LMT

www.ptmaz.com

(602) 774-2602

To manage your massage appointments online, download the <http://mndbdy.ly/> MindBody Connect app right to your phone or tablet! It’s easy, it’s cool and it’s fun. Need help downloading? Call MindBody at (877) 755-4279.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jenny on 24 Mar, 2016 05:21 PM

Hi Harrison,

I'd be happy to offer you a refund if you purchased Moneydance directly from our website, however you'd like to continue attempting to import your data, I'd be more than happy to continue providing assistance. This is not an attempt to get out of giving you a refund, if that is what you want let me know and I will authorise it.

I'm afraid that migrating from Quicken to any other software is likely to require some work; they do not make it easy, and depending on version, it sometimes seems they try to make it impossible. Unfortunately the QIF files that you can export from Quicken contains many limitations, including the one detailed in my last reply. Although Moneydance includes these features, you're unable to import some data - i'm afraid this will be the same with any other financial software, and does mean sticking with Quicken.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Harrison Vicker... on 24 Mar, 2016 07:44 PM

Definitely a bad sign. I didn't say I was very greatly from MS money. I said I was migrating from Quicken 2013. I don't have time to spend attempting to import a file for the sixth time, Into software that I'm unfamiliar with. Please, just give me my money back.

Thank you,

Harrison Vickers, LMT
    www.ptmaz.com
    Office: (602) 774-2602

To manage your massage appointments online, download the MindBody Connect app at http://mndbdy.ly, right to your phone or tablet! It's easy, it's cool and it's fun.

Need help downloading? Call MindBody at (877) 755-4279.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Jenny on 24 Mar, 2016 07:46 PM

I am sorry that our product did not meet your needs. I have asked our payment processing partners BMT Micro to process your refund. They will let you know when the process is complete from their end.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

8. Jenny closed this discussion on 24 Mar, 2016 07:46 PM.

9. Harrison Vickers, LMT re-opened this discussion on 24 Mar, 2016 07:50 PM

10. 8 Posted by Harrison Vicker... on 24 Mar, 2016 07:50 PM

That's a little vague. What's the "usual" or "typical" turn-around time on a refund in your experience?

Harrison Vickers, LMT
    www.ptmaz.com
    (602) 774-2602

To manage your massage appointments online, download the MindBody Connect app at http://mndbdy.ly, right to your phone or tablet! It’s easy, it’s cool and it’s fun.

Need help downloading? Call MindBody at (877) 755-4279.

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by Jenny on 24 Mar, 2016 07:52 PM

Its usually within 3 working days, although generally you'll receive notification within 24 hours.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

12. System closed this discussion on 23 Jun, 2016 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac