Conversion & Support

Barb

29 Mar, 2016 05:32 PM

Hello, I have the Mac version of Quicken 2015. I am extremely dissatisfied with the way this version Quicken is functioning. I had used Quicken on my PC for years and did not have the problems I am having on the Mac. I am interested in knowing how the conversion from Quicken to Moneydance works - is it something you can handle or do I need to do it myself? I also want to know if telephone support is available, including screensharing capability. Are your tech support people on this side of the ocean (I'm in Cleveland OH)?

FYI I have spent endless hours trying to use and get help with Quicken for the Mac in the past several months. I want to be sure that switching to another software program is worth the fuss of adjusting to new software. I use Quicken to download bank & credit card transactions, and to do reports on that data. transactions, not to pay bills, track investments etc. I do not need to set up for different people. Is your software a rocket ship to the moon, when I need a Chevy sedan?

I am not a techie, nor do I have endless time trying to make software work.

Please help!

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 30 Mar, 2016 06:26 PM

Hi Barb,

The majority of our tech support team is located on the US east coast, with some also located in the UK. Unfortunately, however, we're unable to offer phone support.

You can transfer your data from Quicken by exporting it into a QIF file, then following these instructions:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...

to import your data into Moneydance. Moneydance also supports direct downloads from a number of financial institutions, as long as they support "Direct Connect" access.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/downloads

For more information on how to get the most out of your trial period, check out our blog post on the subject.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 30 Mar, 2016 06:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac