QIF file size

Stan

09 Apr, 2016 09:05 PM

I'm considering switching from Quicken to MoneyDance. I understand that I'm to export my Quicken data in a QIF file format which I'll
then import into MoneyDance. Why is the QIF file so much smaller than my Quicken QDF back up file? Does the QIF file contain all ny account and transaction data?

Thanks,
Stan

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 09 Apr, 2016 09:11 PM

QIF files do not contain all of the information in a QDF file. For example QIF files do not contain any currency information, any budget information or any reminder information. QIF files do contain all accounts and transactions but that is about it.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Stan Spiecha on 09 Apr, 2016 09:35 PM

I'm installing MoneyDance now. What file associations do I want to create?

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Apr 9, 2016 5:11 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: QIF file size [Switching to Moneydance #1703]

pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

QIF files do not contain all of the information in a QDF file. For example QIF files do not contain any currency information, any budget information or any reminder information. QIF files do contain all accounts and transactions but that is about it.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

On Sat, Apr 09 at 02:05 PM PDT, Stan wrote:

I'm considering switching from Quicken to MoneyDance. I understand that I'm to export my Quicken data in a QIF file format which I'll
    then import into MoneyDance. Why is the QIF file so much smaller than my Quicken QDF back up file? Does the QIF file contain all ny account and transaction data?

Thanks,
    Stan

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: QIF file size.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 11 Apr, 2016 05:13 PM

You should create any file associations you want to be directly associated with Moneydance. If you download QIF or OFX files you probably want to associate those with Moneydance.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 30 Jul, 2016 03:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac