upgraded version lost latest info inputted

laura.mihill

28 Sep, 2020 04:26 PM

I have had moneydance since 2011
I upgraded to the latest version in July and got everything up and running no problem. I have been using the new updated version
but today when I got on my computer the file I've been working in is gone.
When I click on the moneydance icon it is pulling up the Getting Started screen and wants me to import again.
What happened??? and i don't know where it saved the info I've inputed since July to import again if thats what I have to do.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 Sep, 2020 05:42 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Laura

Try clicking FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – OPEN your data set should be listed there unless you have moved the data set out of its default location.
    If you want to find the default location for data sets try HELP – SHOW DOCUMENT FOLDER.
    If you have set up Moneydance auto backup under FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – PREFERANCES – BACKUPS and if you can’t find your data set you can FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – RESTORE FROM BACKUP. The Moneydance backup location can be found under HELP – SHOW BACKUP FOLDER.
    If this does not help post the Moneydance version you are running e.g. 2020.2(1928) and your computer operating system. Also are you using Moneydance sync your data to other devices, if so what devices and what sync method under FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – SYNCING.

Hope this help.

2. 2 Posted by laura.mihill on 28 Sep, 2020 06:23 PM

Thank you @derekkent23....
    I moved some files right before I opened moneydance and my moneydance backup was one of them.
    I put my backup where it was before and now everything works!!!
    Thank you so much

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 Sep, 2020 08:03 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Laura

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

4. System closed this discussion on 28 Dec, 2020 08:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac