I put Moneydance on my laptop.

Michael W. Morgan

28 Sep, 2020 08:48 PM

I put Moneydace on my laptop but continued to use my Quicken on my desktop and Moneydance on my laptop until I got injured. I continued to use Quicken on my desktop but did not update Moneydance I would now like to bring Moneydance up to date. Is it possible to take my usb backup of Quicken to bring those files up to date on Moneydance?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 28 Sep, 2020 09:12 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The Quicken data files are in a proprietary format Moneydance cannot read them.

It is not possible to create QIF files from Quicken using a date range, it is an all or nothing situation, so the QIF data you can get from Quicken are more applicable to performing a complete migration, rather than being able to perform incremental updates.

2. 2 Posted by Michael W. Morg... on 28 Sep, 2020 09:43 PM

So can I delete all data filles in Moneydance and then import all of the Quicken files into Moneydance as if it was an original install?

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 28 Sep, 2020 10:03 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Sure, you can use the menu command File --> New to create a new empty data set, then perform the import.

To delete the old data set you can following the instructions in:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/file-locations-and-changes/de...

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 28 Sep, 2020 10:11 PM

another user -

one caveat, you said you were using both Quicken and Moneydance at the same time. Did you enter things in Moneydance that you did not enter into Quicken?

If so, that would be an issue. That said, it seems like you wouldn't let one or the other get "out of whack". Just a thought as you go through this process

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 29 Sep, 2020 10:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac