Income and Expenses Report Detail

Bagsy

02 Oct, 2020 04:06 PM

I have set up an Income & Expenses report to run against one of my bank accounts. The report just looks for the Category "Miscellaneous" in that bank account and produces a one line report that contains the total for the Miscellaneous category. When i double click on the report line to see the individual items that make up that total it list all miscellaneous items from ALL my accounts. Is there a way to get the report to just list miscellaneous items from the account I am running the report against?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 02 Oct, 2020 04:12 PM

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

When viewing the report settings, you can choose the accounts to include and you can specify the date range. The date range can be set as longer than just 12 months.

At the bottom of the report settings window, you'll likely see 'All Income' and 'All Expense'. Choose the button to the right of this - Show: By Individual. This will display each of your individual categories and you can choose which to include/exclude before generating the report to view your data.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Bagsy on 02 Oct, 2020 04:39 PM

Thanks Maddy. I had already done all you have suggested and the report was produced as I expected i.e. I selected the bank Account I wanted, I selected Show: By Individual and chose the "Miscellaneous" category and I selected All Dates. So the report ran and produced a single line giving me the Total for the "Miscellaneous" category in my chosen bank account. So far so good. The problem I have is that when I double clicked on the total line in the report to drill down to see the detail that made up that Total it listed all line items from ALL my accounts that had the Category "Miscellaneous" . What I want when I drill down is to see the detail from the account against which I ran the report not the detail from all my accounts

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 03 Oct, 2020 12:24 PM

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

I was wondering if you have ever tried the *Transaction Filter * report, to achieve that, instead?
    This is a highly customizable report. If the “And (Intersection)” box is checked the report will display transactions which meet ALL of the report criteria, if the “Or (Union)” box is checked the report will display transactions which meet ANY of the report criteria.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Bagsy on 04 Oct, 2020 08:20 AM

I am running Version 2020.1 (1928). The Transaction Filter report doesn't give me what I want 'cus the selection criteria doesn't include category. The Income and Expenses report gives me what I need but the drill down doesn't work..
    Can you make this conversation Public please.

5. System closed this discussion on 03 Jan, 2021 08:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac