Can't import QIF file

Sally

21 Oct, 2020 04:54 PM

I'm getting this error message:
Error reading file: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MainFrame.getMainPanel()" because the return value of "com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MoneydanceGUI.getFirstMainFrame()" is null

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Oct, 2020 07:52 PM

I'm a fellow user.

You do not state what version of Moneydance you are using, but I have tried importing QIF files into most versions including the latest 2021.0 (2006) and have not seen such a problem

If the data in the QIF file is not overly sensitive you might like to post it as that is possible where the problem is.

2. 2 Posted by Vanessa Loughry on 21 Oct, 2020 08:28 PM

I am using Moneydance 2021 and would rather not post all of my financial data if I can avoid it.

3. 3 Posted by Vanessa Loughry on 21 Oct, 2020 08:29 PM

Nevermind, I just figured out this is on someone else's question that is the same as mine.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 21 Oct, 2020 09:19 PM

Well posting the first dozen lines or so of the file should at least show if it is a valid QIF file, and I would not expect that much data to show a lot.

5. 5 Posted by Sally on 22 Oct, 2020 01:18 AM

I figured it out. I stopped trying to import it before the first launch. I launched the program, as if I was doing a "Manual enter" then I imported from the home screen. Thank you for your reply!

6. System closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2021 01:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac