Screen Resolution

Jose Oliveira

24 Jan, 2021 08:51 AM

Hello there, I need some help... please answer with a solution or not but answer so I can an action from my end.

You sent January 20 at 9:59 PM

hello there, bought and installed but I have an issue and need you guys help... my lap top is 4k screen and I use 3840 x 2160 (16:9) resolution... I barelly see things on money dance app... letters are tooooooooo tiny... any tip how to solve this?, thank you.
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Thu 12:10 AM

Moneydance sent Yesterday at 12:10 AM

What operating system are you using?
You sent Yesterday at 12:48 AM

Linux
You sent Yesterday at 12:48 AM
Ubuntu 20.04
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Thu 10:57 PM

You sent Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Helllooooo
You sent Yesterday at 10:59 PM
You guys gonna help me or should I refund. I really don'r want to. Nowadays I run Quicken on a Virtual Machine on my Ubuntu... and it sucks... I liked moneydance overview...

Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Jan, 2021 09:14 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

Try moneydance. Preferences. Appearance. Font options and also font size increment +x

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 24 Jan, 2021 09:51 AM

Font size is most likely to be the problem I feel. I see on a 1900 x 1200 panel that Moneydance needs an increased font size compared to standard 1080p on the same panel size.

3. 3 Posted by jeff_l on 24 Jan, 2021 11:33 AM

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 25 Jan, 2021 08:42 AM

We would be happy to offer you a refund, but we are inclined to offer you technical assistance first. This is not an attempt to get out of giving you a refund but if that is what you want, please let us know and we will authorise it.

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?

Moneydance 2021.1 (3034) is now available to download from this page.

Firstly, you need to install the moneydance_linux_amd64.deb. as well as the “GDebi Package Installer” in terminal sudo apt install gdebi.

Then you should seethe GDebi Package Installer under the “Show Application” icon in tray. Make GDebi Package Installer a favourite.
    - Run GDebi Package Installer - Use 'File' dropdown 'Open' to locate moneydance_linux_amd64.deb, then highlight the file and click 'Open'. - After a delay the window will fill in with info on Moneydance. - Click Install Package. If you get the Authentication Required window, enter your Ubuntu password.

After a delay Moneydance should install. Under “Show Application” icon in tray, make Moneydance a favorite, so it will actually appears in the tray.

Or alternately once “GDebi Package Installer” is installed, simply double click on moneydance_linux_amd64.deb to open the Package Installer.

Finally, we offer a 90 day money back guarantee, so there’s still plenty of time to test the program. If you prefer to continue with the refund at this point, please let me know and I will ensure this is processed.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by Jose Josivaldo ... on 30 Jan, 2021 06:52 AM

Hello there,
    Please check attached picture which shows Moneydance.vmoptions file
    properties... even as root user I can not change it's properties to
    edit it... help please.

On Mon, 2021-01-25 at 08:42 +0000, Maddy wrote:

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac