Report totals are in Pounds although everything is in Dollars

nomads.fryer

24 Apr, 2016 11:51 PM

I have just brought over my 20+ years of data from Quicken, and apart from a few adjustments it looks OK.

BUT . . . . Although all my accounts are denominated in Canadian Dollars, many of the report totals and Net Worth (plus an un-named category that represents all my previous uncategorised Quicken transactions) are denominated in British Pounds. How can I get everything back into Canadian Dollars? I can't seem to find a trigger to do this change.

Thanks,
Paul.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 25 Apr, 2016 12:14 PM

What currency didi you select when you first created your data set? If you selected GBP all of your categories will be in that currency and you base currency will be set to GBP. It is easy to change the base currency but it is not possible to change the currency of a category.

You can check the currency of a category by selecting Tools->Categories... select a category and click edit.

You can check you base currency by selecting Tools->Currencies...

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by nomads.fryer on 25 Apr, 2016 03:03 PM

I didn't explicitly set a currency at start, as I started up by importing a QIF file, but I did go into Currencies afterwards and set the Base Currency to Canadian Dollars. Perhaps that's why I ended up with a variety of residual GBP totals.

I again opened up the reports that showed GBP figures, and found the Edit button, which allowed me to change the report currency back to Canadian Dollars. Since then, all the GBPs have vanished, and everything appears to be in CAD. Even that odd category is now in CAD, although it appears with a semi-colon in front of it in the Transaction Filter report - but I don't intend to use it again

So I think I am OK, thanks.

3. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 03:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac