Imported QIF file Confuses Split Transfers to Accounts for Categories

Confused Banker

26 Apr, 2021 07:37 AM

I've been trying out the import process in preparation for migrating from Banktivity.

I have created one monster QIF file with all accounts.

I have multiple currencies and multiple accounts.

When I import the import creates a whole bunch of Expense Categories for transactions that are actually transfers between accounts.

I have figured out that I can go to the category view and see those transactions and change their Account to be the correct account, though this is an annoyance. However there are some Accounts that do not show up in the Bulk Edit / Accounts window.

How do I fix this?

1. 1 Posted by Confused Banker on 26 Apr, 2021 07:50 AM

On further inspection the Accounts that are missing from the Batch Edit/Accounts list are all the accounts that are not in the base currency.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 26 Apr, 2021 11:20 AM

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

When using the Batch Change option, the accounts list will show only accounts containing the same currency as the account you want to move transactions from.

For further details about this function, please refer to this article in the Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Confused Banker on 27 Apr, 2021 12:34 AM

That doesn't really help me at all.

How do I make the QIF import work correctly so that it does not create categories for transfers between accounts?

OR

How do I fix the shonky QIF import after the event?

I have managed to use SEE Finance to import all my data in one go with minimal errors, so far I have invested 3 days in Money Dance and still have major issues with the import.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac