quicken

Lloyd Norling

29 Apr, 2016 09:38 PM

I have Quicken 2013 and have been using Quicken for over 15 years. I was jut informed that to be able to continue downloading transactions from my bank and CC's, I need to upgrade to Quicken 2016. I am upset about this plus the fact that I heard that anyone using Win10 has problems with 2016 version. Will I have this problem (costs for upgrade to continue downloads) with your product? Or problems with win 10? Does it have memorized transactions, unlimited accounts, categories, tags, etc.? Will if import ALL my Quicken data for all the years I have had quicken? Is the format similar to Quicken. what about reports? .

1. 1 Posted by JimRB on 01 May, 2016 10:07 AM

You will no doubt get a fuller answer from MD support.

I've got Quicken 2014 and data since 1997 in it. I've just imported it all. Some duplication but it all balances now. It looks quite similar in layout, though you see fewer entries on a page (19 rather than 24 on my screen). Category and Memo swap location on screen. There are differences, but there were when I moved to Quicken. Investment accounts are not as sophisticated in MD, missing add or remove shares, but you can get round them - there are existing support threads about that. Support is much more responsive on MD. (Until corrected by dwg, I'd thought it couldn't do stock splits)

Yes transactions are memorized, more so than Quicken. It has pulled in all of my 50 or so accounts and categories. See my thread Import from Quicken

NB Quicken 2014 needed DLLs and adminstrative rights to run properly on Windows 10, and you should look at http://www.sevenforums.com/software/261702-steps-i-took-run-quicken... if you plan to stay with your quicken and move to W10.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 01 May, 2016 09:13 PM

FWIW There is a stock split function in Moneydance, there s a button on the security detail screen to enter a split.

3. 3 Posted by JimRB on 01 May, 2016 10:19 PM

Thanks dwg. I had not found that yet. It hasn't shown up when I imported, and I found a thread stating it was under consideration. I guess they considered and fixed it! Great news, as there is one coming soon for one of my securities.

4. 4 Posted by Ian L on 02 May, 2016 01:43 PM

Moneydance should run fine on Windows 10. If you have any trouble, just let us know.

Once you buy a version of Moneydance, you can continue to use it for as long as you like. We never intentionally sunset our versions. It is the case that security measures change and we add support in newer versions, so you may need upgrade if you bank uses a new technology that only newer versions support. However, I know of users still using versions as old as Moneydance 2008 to connect to their banks. If you do choose to upgrade, we generally offer a free upgrade to the next major version and half price upgrades on versions after that.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/downloads

For more information on how to get the most out of your trial period, check out our blog post on the subject.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

5. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:33 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac