features comparable to quicken

robert frank

30 Apr, 2016 08:32 PM

I'm hoping to buy and move to a new personal financial management program in the next day or so. I've been on Quicken for years.
1. I'm concerned about the availability of consistent support... not posting a question and seeing it languish without a response.

2 The cost is $50. Is that per year or how frequently will I need to buy another program to update? I understand, you all need to make some money. I'm not expecting free.

3. Can I import transactions from Numerica Credit Union (Washington state region), and Capital One and Chase CC.

4. Huge concern with importing data and setting up. Do you know "on average" how much time it normally takes to make the move from Quicken. 5 hours, 10 hours, 40 hours. Again, on average.

Thanks for your time and response.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 30 Apr, 2016 09:59 PM

As another user this is my take on your questions.

1. My observation is that the support staff are quite responsive and helpful, more so than some of the competitors.

2. The purchase entitles you the the current release, plus all updates to this release plus an upgrade to the next major versions and all updates to this. Beyond this you are entitled to a 50% discount on further upgrades. However you are never forced to upgrade so can stay on any release for as long as you want.

3. The financial institutions that are known to support Direct Connect and that Moneydance has connection information for can be found at:

http://infinitekind.com/fi

1. I do not know of any average, it depends on many factor including , number of accounts, number of transactions, account types etc.

I can say that Bank accounts and Credit Card accounts appear to come over fairly cleanly. Most problems appear to happen with Investment accounts.

I would recommend before purchasing that you download, install and use Moneydance in trial mode, It is fully functional the only limitation is that it only allows for 100 manually entered transactions. imported transactions are unlimited and online banking is enabled so it can try everything out, if it all works out and you purchase the license key removes the transaction limit.

The software can be downloaded from:

http://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:33 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac