Upgraded to new version of moneydance

msweetuk

03 Jul, 2021 08:48 AM

Good morning, I have just downloaded the latest version of Moneydance. However a legend has come up saying this is a demo and I can use it for 27 transactions.
How do I remove this so I can operate fully?

Thank you

Martin

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 03 Jul, 2021 09:10 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It depends on what version you last purchased.

If you purchased Moneydance 2019 or 2020, directly from the company, then the upgrade to Moneydance 2021 is free and the software would normally just continue, if however it does not you just need to enter your license key to unlock the trial limit.

If you purchased an earlier version, again directly, you can upgrade with a 50% discount, you can check you entitlement through the upgrade check on:

https://infinitekind.com/purchase

The upgrade policy can be viewed at:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/purchasing-and-upgrading/upgrading

2. 2 Posted by msweetuk on 03 Jul, 2021 09:30 AM

That’s fine but it does not answer the question. How do I prevent the legend that this is a demo version only? I don’t want it to stop working.

Thank you

Martin

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 03 Jul, 2021 09:38 AM

When Moneydance says it is in demo or trial mode it means it is not properly licensed.

The solution is to ensure it is licensed. I have provided the information on what is a free upgrade and what is not, and to use the upgrade entitlement on the website to see if you are entitled to a free or paid for upgrade, if it requires a paid for upgrade that page will take you to the upgrade purchase page.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 04 Jul, 2021 08:53 PM

Hello Martin,

I just searched our purchase database to look up your latest purchase, and it looks like you figured out that you needed to purchase an upgrade license key to run Moneydance 2021. I take it from that purchase that this issue is resolved, but let us know if you have other questions about this.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. Ethan closed this discussion on 04 Jul, 2021 08:53 PM.

6. msweetuk re-opened this discussion on 05 Jul, 2021 10:23 AM

7. 5 Posted by msweetuk on 05 Jul, 2021 10:23 AM

Hi Ethan
    Thank you for getting back to me.

The story is that when I began to use my existing Moneydance software I had a message telling me it was out of date and that I should upgrade. I did this and it is the upgrade that tells me I have a demo version. See attached screenshot below. I am not sure now how to get my licence number or how to correct this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards

Martin

8. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Jul, 2021 10:49 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Martin

When you upgraded you would have been emailed a new key by Moneydances payment processing partners, FastSpring.
    Check your email and spam/trash folder.
    Enter the new key into Moneydance,

Hope this helps

9. 7 Posted by msweetuk on 05 Jul, 2021 10:56 AM

Thank you for your help.

Yes I have now located the licence number, it came from Infinite Kind. Sorry to be dense but can you tell me where I enter it in Moneydance?

Thank you
    Martin

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by Maddy on 05 Jul, 2021 12:30 PM

Hi Martin,

In order to register Moneydance, when you are in register view, you can select Help --> Register Moneydance to enter the license key.

To check if the program is registered, you can navigate to Help --> About Moneydance (Moneydance menu on a Mac). In the window that opens you'll either see 'Unregistered' or your license key will be displayed.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

11. 9 Posted by msweetuk on 06 Jul, 2021 04:31 PM

Hi Maddy

Many thanks, I have got that now. Sometimes the most obvious things trick me! Must be age!

Best regards

Martin

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Maddy on 07 Jul, 2021 09:00 AM

You are welcome, Martin! I'm very pleased to hear that you are all set now.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

13. Maddy closed this discussion on 07 Jul, 2021 09:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac