Import Quicken data to Moneydance

Richard Safreno

12 Jul, 2021 11:51 PM

I am thinking about changing from Quicken to Moneydance. I will not pay a subscription fee. I also want desktop software not online.
Can I import my Quicken data into Moneydance?

1. 1 Posted by Richard Safreno on 12 Jul, 2021 11:53 PM

I just saw a document that states you can import Quicken Essentials. I am using Quicken Deluxe. Can I import from Quicken Deluxe?

2. 2 Posted by tgilbert666 on 13 Jul, 2021 01:10 AM

As all QUICKEN data is recorded in a secret proprietary format, NO non-quicken software can import DIRECTLY from Quicken files.
    Whilst I don't know the answer to your question from experience, if your Quicken data can be exported in *.QIF format, then there is every chance that it can be imported elsewhere.
    From within your quicken application, look for a "File | Export | Export to QIF" menu option or similar. If you don't find one, try the "secret" key-combination CTRL + SHIFT + Z on Windows, or it's nearest equivalent on Mac and see if such a menu magically appears in the Export menu location.
    Or try the trial version which is fully functional for importing (but limits manual entry)
    Cheers Tony
    (fellow user)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac