I've had it with Quicken

Sue Swafford

02 May, 2016 12:42 AM

I am more than ready to quit Quicken. I wish I could go back to Quicken 2001, before they added so much useless stuff I don't want, don't need, and is messing up my data.

My main concern is downloading from my 10 banks, credit union and brokerage, some with multiple accounts. Will Moneydance follow a list, go to each institution, and download transactions? Allow categorization? Keep track of transfers between my accounts? About the only reporting I use is Spending by category.

Please tell me Moneydance doesn't do billpay. I do all my billpay at my bank, and I can't imagine anybody wanting to sit down at their pc and do it.

I'm a Windows 10/ Android person, though I don't plan to put my finance information on my phone. It's already in Dropbox.

I found your discussion in Amazon. It made me feel a little hope.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Possible problems after QIF import from Quicken

Incorrect account balances -

We'd recommend following the steps outlined here when importing your data from Quicken. You can create a new data set by navigating to File --> New, and attempt the import process again. In particular make sure you specify to Import into 'new account' rather than 'existing account'. Also ensure that the 'File Source' is set to 'From another program'.

If you've followed...

See more..

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac